Sunday 11 March 2018

Third and final.............

I'm back for the last time today with my third Mothers Day card.

This is a 6x6 card I made, kind of experimented with to be honest. I have about 16 Distress Oxides and I don't know how to use them. I am not good with mixed media. I hate the mess and I hate my hands and fingers getting messy, however, my good friend Scatty Jan encouraged me to give it a go.


So the purple background is my attempt at Distress Oxides. I used Seedless Preserves and Shaded Lilac. Then flicked some water over them. I mounted my piece of card onto a purple cardstock layer. 

I had always intended to use 'Wryn-Watcha Doin' from Tiddly Inks Stamps, which you can find here. I had coloured her already but then realised I had no matching paper for the card background and knew I wasn't confident enough to make the backing layer with Distress Oxides. 

So, a frantic dig through my paper stash and I found this balloon paper from Wild Rose Studio. I'm not a 100% sure it works to be honest, hence this is a wee card for my mum with a gift voucher and not her main Mothers Day card! 

Wryn is coloured with Copic markers:

Skin: E000, E00, E11, E31, R02
Hair: E51, E53, E55, E57, E59
Dress: R12, R20, R21, R22

So I'm not 100% sure I will be running back to the Distress Oxides but as you know, I will always return to Wryn! 

Thank you for coming past three times today, much appreciated! 

Hugs

Yvonne x

No comments:

Post a Comment